Friday, July 18, 2008

The heart

I knew your heart was heavy,

I knew your face was sad,

each sigh brought a tear,

to an eye of one who loves you,

I knew you wanted something,

I knew you wanted some happiness.

I wish my love was enough,

but nothing is ever enough,

humans crave for more and more,

But God loves all the same,

I knew you cried deep inside,

I knew you put a mask on your face,

I knew you gave up hope a while,

I knew the sadness in your heart.

To try and stay and talk a while,

to try and make a smile,

to try to make a life more easy,

to try to help you through your trouble,

but what are all these in a heart,

what are all these in your eyes,

I wish I could make the smile,

truly come out like the brightness,

I feel for you and I truly want,

to share your burderns in your heart,

but when I see that mask again,

I can't seem to break through the pain,

take your mask off,

so I may see the beauty,

there is no joy in putting a mask,

only hurt and burden to be given.

If you realise,

just realise....

-Christopher Tan Kok Jeong

:: Each day gets heavier, but know that when you have 2 is better than one, for if one falls, the other can help them up. But if your alone, then who will help?::

No comments: