Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Humble me

Humble me Lord, Humble me that I may choose peace before adversity.
Let my feet walk in the light of the Gospel, my tongue speak kindness.
Let my ways be for your ways, and my heart hungering for you always.

As this world gets darker, your light becomes brighter,
You the one who takes care of the widows, and become the father to the fatherless,
You who saved those who scorned you, who despised you.
You who showed love, when hate seemed to prevail, and destroyed it completely.

Let my heart be humble in you, don't let me be proud.
Be glorified, and take all the glory,
I am nothing without you my Lord, so guide my foot steps.
You the God who helps those you love,

You, Father, who helps those who have been defeated,
The one who chooses kings and governments.

No comments: