Thursday, December 13, 2012

Trouble will always come, just what would you choose to do?

Storms of life will always brew, troubles will always come, in fact not one of us can live through what we call life and never face a mountain or a storm. We can't say we had a perfect ride in our lives for everyday, either one day it'll come or some have already passed. Even Jesus, Being the very nature of God, still encountered temptations that were so great, most of us probably would have gave in. Especially at the first one, turning stone into bread. 

Today we have choices in our lives too. If something that comes your way, like a consuming fire, that you see no escape to, all you can do is run and run, but eventually fall and burn. You need to know your choices:
1. Run and run as long as you can, being stuck in a motion of fear and anger, disappointment and strive.
2. Let it consume you, with hopelessness, giving into depression, and giving up on the world and all humans alike. (if you grow tired of running you'd probably hit this step)
3.Try to stay positive whilst running, trying to be happy, trying to convince yourself that you're happy, and base it all on positive thinking.

But why not... Just believe in the Lord for your salvation? To let those flames come, but believe God for so much more, to be your shield, to do the impossible? To provide a door when things get heated, to fend off storms and to flatten mountains. To admit that actually you are weak, and He is God, to rely on His strength and lean on Him. You do not need to convince a train to move fast to get to your destination, you just need to sit in it and admit you cannot run as fast, to strip your pride that says 'I can do it', when you know you can't. In the same way you don't need to fight the fire, to quench the flames, to be the saviour of the world, rest in Him and go as He leads, then when he asks you to "shift gear" or "add coal" that's all you have to do, nothing more nothing less and He'll move the rest for you.

"So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you" - Isaiah 41:10

"With God all things are possible" - Matthew 19:26

So do not fear, my brothers and sisters in Christ, For our loving Father will surely deliver us from every pestilence, every evil and every harm, surely he will make us strong, that when waves and storms come crashing, we can rest assured that on Christ the solid rock we stand. Surely I say to you, don't let troubles steal Christ away, let troubles know on who you stand. For surely even though you might feel the heat, you won't be burned and consumed as much.

Finally to all those who are reading this, and wondering who is this Christ, He is Jesus Christ, the Saviour and Lord of my life. He can be yours too, if you would just say, "Lord Jesus, I admit I am weak, I have done many wrong things, and sinned. I confess that you are my Lord and Saviour, teach me how to walk in your ways all the days of my life, and that you for coming into my life. amen."

There are many many blessings, many many promises, many things that I probably won't come to or couldn't blog about. But I can say this, when trouble comes, remind him on who you stand, and believe, even if trouble seems so strong, I can guarantee He is stronger than any of the storms you face!

-------
If you might want to learn more about who He is and what you have in Him, you might want to visit: http://ourlifeingod.blogspot.com 

No comments: