Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Believing when failing

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] andperfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. - Philippians 1:6 (AMP)
Thought I may fall a thousand times, I am only defeated if I do not stand up again. Though I may sin a thousand times, I know Christ will work in me a good. As long as I go back to Him and confess, as long as I get back up and repent, there is only defeat in giving up when He has not given up on me. 

10 When Jesus raised Himself up, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you?11 She answered, No one, Lord! And Jesus said, I do not condemn you either. Go on your way and from now on sin no more. - John 8:10 (AMP)
One thing that spoke to me, is how Jesus reacted.. He asked, where are your accusers? It spoke in a way differently from how I always saw it before, it was like.. Is there any one to accuse you? Is there any one who holds enough power to cast any judgement on you? and clearly there was not, and with that the only one who now holds the power to cast that judgement the judge, Our shepherd, pardons her... It is such an amazing characteristic of our Lord, I do not condemn you either, is literally saying, I cover you with my wings, and I will protect you from the harm you deserve. Such is our Lord Jesus Christ, who died on the cross the same way. Does this give us a reason to sin? if it does, then we never got back up and we never told Him to forgive us, and in turn, how can he shade us? Go on your way and from now on sin no more... this is his desire that we do not return to sin. But if we did, and slipped, He will do this again, where are your accusers? Christ is our Shepherd, He is our advocate. The one who covers our sins, who has all right to deem us guilty, and all right to stand aside, but chooses to forgive. That is our Lord! 

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness   - 1 John 1:9(NLT)

No comments: