Monday, February 25, 2013

Happiness

If happiness is stolen from my heart,
and all else seems to fade into the dark,
I cannot see the road ahead, a nothing seems to have an effect.
I'll remember to rejoice and rejoice again in the Lord as you have said,
to find my joy in the Lord instead.

When waves sway me left and right,
and I cannot seem to steer it right,
Let your light guide my path,
and the stillness of the peace lead my heart.

It's never the end when sadness hits,
When guilt lays in and pain takes hold,
When I think to myself, this is too much,
There's no way! You told me there is a way.
When I said there is no forgiveness, you say There is only forgiveness,
When guilt fills my heart, and I see you on the cross,
I consider and wonder how you did it all,
and yet to deny the works of your love,
to say that I don't deserve it, well though it's true,
You still gave it, and the value of it is more than all the treasures of this world.
I consider sin no more, but if I hold unforgiveness in my heart, let it be released.
Even if it is to myself, let I be released.

For today I proclaim the Lords death and His resurrection power in my life!
As assuredly as I live on this earth, the Joy of the Lord is my strength,
So I leave my prayers and petitions at your feet, knowing full well with thanks, that only you can satisfy.

Amen.

No comments: