Sunday, January 13, 2013

In Darkness you shone

In the darkness I walked, and each time I fall I fall harder than before,
The tears streamed down my eyes, a pain I could not handle,
A Failure I felt, how many times I asked myself?
Barely could I lift my eyes to you, yet you stretched out your arm,
Yet when all hope left me, You did not.
When I was in the ditch, you followed me.
Giving up on life, on the edge of the cliff,
I lost all my hope, yet you kept going before and after me.

As I fell on to bed, with nothing but my tears to be fed,
With logic and pain, death was all I wanted to see,
Not another time I said, no more I want,
to continue sinning before you.
How dirty was I, so dirty I felt, no where to run cornered by myself.

Yet you God, in all the confusion I was in,
You my Father, did not give up,
No you kept on beside me, reminding me of hope.
You sent a message within a message,
with heavy legs I did obey, and arms of dread I did go forth.

and that was it, a message within a message,
You brought comfort to my ears,
to my eyes, to my soul.
Oh when I was wavering you stood like a solid rock,
Holding on to me you did and not letting me go.

"You!" you said, are my master piece,
I do not make Junk, I make good things,
I discipline those I love, to make them on their way.
even though I said I am not good...

You hold me up with your victorious right hand,
You are my joy, You are my everything,
You are the reason I live, 
The reason I am here.

Remind me constantly who you are,
Continue to remind me, carve it into my soul,
Carve it into my spirit, my body, my everything.
So I won't forget.

Because of you, I can dwell in your goodness always.
Amen.

No comments: