Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Jar of blessings

I know it's been a while since I posted, and well it's simply because I haven't really gotten any inspiration to post. But I thought I'd keep this updated and now things are flowing in to my mind! here it goes~~~

Earlier this month, I had a tough time, and well frankly felt like I was the worst kinda person to our Father I could be, obviously that was a lie, and later on wrote the psalm you saw in my previous post... Now I had a plan to talk about a jar of blessings, but for some reason I'd like to talk more about Psalms.

Most recently I have been reading The bible Jesus read by Philip Yancey. It talks about Psalms in one of the chapters. It brings realism into our relationship with God I would say, a Psalm is amazing in this one thing, it's not all about the good things that happens, but also about the worst things that can happen in life, and how we as people feel distant to God, we complain and well, it's kinda like a personal walk with God. Though a lot of Psalms I would say praises God, they also bring their problems together to God, and sometimes even bring praises in places where it just seems like we did it. some revelation it was, every good we do, we can and should give all glory to God, be it, a promotion, or escaping death slimly by some sort of skill. That's how David did it, it is quite amazing...

With that said, I am going to come back to my topic Jar of blessings, I was down and a friend of mine said let's get a jar and everyday write some good that happened in our lives to it. I agreed, and well it's really filling up now. Simple things we forgo and think is normal can always be a praise to our Father. for instance, a friend, Awakening in the morning, beauty of nature, safety to walk, a watch, a car, a laptop, your church, legs to walk, eyes to see, ears to hear, a video, songs, water, escaping something which you know will put you at a dead end, solving issues that were stuck with you all day and night and the list goes on! I'll tell you it has been great, I called my jar a Jar of blessings, and frankly I encourage you too, if you can to create something similar if you don't have a jar use a box or something :) at the end of the year 2013, open it up and read it again, and see how much you have to be thankful for all the things God has done, both small and BIG! Everything, absolutely everything, can be a blessing. So let's give him all the glory! :).

Many blessings and love from,
Chris



No comments: