Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Where you WILL find rest for your soul.

Matthew 11:28–30 (ESV)
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

When you labour for the Lord, do you feel as though the burden is too great? is it too heavy? have you felt the weight of the world on your shoulders when trying to go through this journey of being a Christian?

The Yoke of Christ is EASY, not hard, and the burden of Christ is LIGHT and not supposed to be heavy. Perhaps we have being doing it wrong all this while, striving our hardest(through our own efforts) and not going to Christ, not listening to His instruction of coming to him. OR perhaps we are so occupied like Martha? (Luke 10:38-42) that we forget to sit and hear His word? to learn from him?

The Lord is not one who holds a whip, and harshly moves you forward, HE is not like a slave driver as one who will force you on. But He has clearly stated, he is gentle, and lowly in heart, he does not puff up in pride, but lowers himself. Have you then perhaps been fearful in the wrong aspect? thinking the Lord is one who will whip you to drive you forward? to perhaps teach you in this manner of way so that you will "learn", Far be it form that. He says I am gentle and lowly in heart - This is the one you learn from. 

So perhaps, if you find yourself in a place where there seems to be nothing but stress and turmoil, where you find much disturbance, unrest, and uneasiness, in this case, turn to the Lord, and realize who he is, For He did not say for I am harsh, and proud in my heart, and you will find much stress... NO on the contrary, HE has said, and guaranteed it, since it is a WILL find rest and not MIGHT find rest.

For His Yoke is easy not hard, not with much effort, but easy peasy lemon squeezy. His burden is light, not heavy, it's so light, that you probably don't even know that it's there, like your clothes.

In the Message translation I love how it's put, the unforced rhythms of grace! and I think it describes it perfectly. When we choose Jesus's was it's not supposed to be burdensome, heavy, and difficult. It's easy, light, and restful!

So today, my friend, are you feeling the weight on your shoulders? perhaps it's time to take a step back, turn to Jesus, and say, hey, I want to learn from you, I want rest for my soul. To many this may seem like the most illogical path, because it consists of living in faith, by the Spirit, trusting in God and dying to yourself. Yet if you truly, do it, you will be more than surprised how unenforced the Lord is, how things flow, so gracefully, inexplicably! 

Come to the Lord why don't you my dear friend, there's nothing to fear, come!

No comments: