Monday, February 08, 2016

I thought

I thought...

I thought I am strong, but I am not,
I thought it gets better, but it did not,
I thought so long, but I thought wrong.

I thought about death, about where is it's sting,
I thought I heard from heaven above,
I thought I had strength to carry on,
But I might have thought wrong.

Oh what am I but a mere human,
here today and gone tomorrow,
why must the heart feel so heavy,
as if in deep sorrows, pain and anguish.

There's supposed to be hope,
but a human is so short sighted he cannot see,
oh God my God, I don't know how strong I can be,
help me be strong, help me be strong.

O death where is your sting,
but why is it that you call to me?
My Savior Lord, won't you come and take me?
Rescue me from this earthly vessel.

I am pierced so grievouslym
I thought maybe if this and that,
but all I thought, was wrong.
So now I stand in a place of doubt.

To live or to die?
to prepare all things well.
I thought. But I thought wrong.

Rescue me. Save me. Call out to me. Let me hear your voice, take me and counsel me, make me understand. You are my last hope and my first. don't let me mishear you, my shepherd, my Lord....

No comments: