Monday, December 23, 2013

If I am without love, what am I?

If I did all the good works in the world, but lacked love, what would it be but an empty ringing of works, as of a robot, emotionless and cold.

If I sang a thousand worship songs, psalms and hymns but had no love, it is just an empty voice ringing in the sky.

If I performed a thousand miracles but had no love, it would be but a magic show, causing awe and wonder but the misinterpretation of who Christ is.

If I could speak in a thousand tongues and interpret but not love, I am just a sound. Nothing more nothing less..

For without love, I cease to live in the saviour I so believe. If I walk out of love, into judgment, what good am I? should I be so proud and forsake a child a cup of water? or cloth a man on the street?

Love. is essential.
God is love.

No comments: