Friday, September 20, 2013

A little reflection

I was reading this post : http://andrewalleyne.com/2013/08/28/i-hate-church/

And reflected to myself, perhaps being a Christian is more than being a conqueror, or someone who is highly favoured and blessed. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe in this and that it is important, but somehow or another it puffs me up, and I forget the smaller things in life. I get an attitude of yea, I can love any one as long as I don't see them, a quote I heard from Charles Simpson in a worship CD given to me by Pastor Hans.

Truth is none of us is perfect, as we do have slight bias in our systems. However this has come and hit me on the face, we are praying for revival, but we are no longer reaching out to the poor, or the broken, to the rejected, or the plain sinner. We're trying to reach out to those we think are like us, who we find the same mind set, who isn't "that sinful". Maybe this isn't applicable to you, but sometimes I find myself doing this, and I have to confess, it's something I need to work on, or at least need to put aside so that the grace of God can work on it through me. To learn to love no matter what, to humble oneself, and to find out everyone isn't as scary as I thought haha.

Well that's just a reflection of what I have thought after reading the post.. and well I kinda just got busy so I forgot the rest! hehe do forgive me and stay blessed!

Love ya all(not just when I don't see you hehe ^_-)

-Chris

No comments: